Our Foundress
  • CJM Waverley was established by the Sisters of the Religious of Jesus and Mary, a congregation founded at Lyons, France in October 1818 by Claudine Thevenet also known as mother St. Ignatious. The objective of this congregation is to give young girls an education that conforms to the needs of modern society. For this purpose, the religious have boarding schools all over the globe.
  • Five years after the death of St. Claudine, her daughters set sail for India where they established their first English Medium School, Orphanage and Boarding establishment-St Patrick's at Civil Lines Agra.
  • The Archbishop of Meerut requested the sisters to come to Mussoorie to set up a school for girls. This led to the establishment of one of the most important Catholic educational institutions in North India, Waverley, in the year 1845.
  • Thousands of girls Catholic and non-Catholic alike have passed through the portals of this esteemed institution. The once small bungalow that housed the school's very first students, has given way to a group of tastefully constructed buildings that house the hostels, administrative block, classrooms, auditorium, infirmary and laboratories.
  • The vision of St. Claudine survives in each generation of the Religious of Jesus and Mary who continue striving to carry out the dream of their beloved Mother Foundress.

  • Enter School Code 'CJMWAV'